Tuesday 21 January 2014

Liebster Award!

Now, here is a post I truly did not expect to be doing! But here I am, after a nomination from the lovely Esmé. Thank you so much for nominating me doll!


The Liebster Awards are something I have seen a lot in the blogging world recently. The awards are given by bloggers to bloggers. The idea is that they replicate a chain letter and aim to promote new blogs with less than 200 followers.

The Nitty Gritty:
1. Mention the person who nominated you, and link their blog.
2. Answer the 11 questions they have asked you.
3. Nominate 11 other bloggers who have less than 200 followers.
4. Create a new set of 11 questions for your nominees.


So, Below are the questions that Esmé has asked me:
1) Why did you start your blog?
I have been reading beauty and fashion blogs for a long time and always wanted to start one. It was only when I became a student at London College of Fashion that I felt confident enough to do so!

2) Favourite item of clothing for spring?

Probably a pair of coloured jeans! I am not one for bare legs in the day time, so my wardrobe is full of different coloured jeans! I'm predicting pastels will be in this spring (watch this space!).

3) What are you top five beauty and fashion blogs (add in links)

I have loads! I will link them below within my 11 nominations :)

4) What is the most beautiful place you have been too?

I have travelled a lot! Italy is beautiful, and so is New York. I'd have to say the Cayman Islands, where I lived for two and a half years wins for me though. It's a typical image of a picturesque tropical island with clear water and golden, sandy beaches!

5) High waisted jeans or low waisted?

High, but not too high! Being a 90's kid meant that when I was younger, I wore my jeans as low as possible! I now hate this! I am forever pulling them up!

6) What is your favourite healthy snack.

As I am trying to be healthy for the new year, I have many healthy snacks that I'm currently enjoying! I fred sweet and salted popcorn as my 'cheat' snack, because its tasty but still more healthy than crisps or chocolate! I am also enjoying home made tiziki with wholemeal pitta bread.

7) Most embarrassing story?

I'm sure their are hundreds, but none spring to mind! I am quite a clumsy person so it probably entails me falling over.

8) What is your pet peeve when it comes to personalities?

Selfish people, who always want their own way really annoy me.

9) Do you have a holy-grail makeup product if so what is it?

I wouldn't say I have a holy-grail product, however if you were to ask me what product I would choose if I could only wear one thing, I'd say mascara. It completely transforms the look of a persons face and accentuates their best feature!

10)Which handbag/purse do you use?

At the moment I'm loving back-packs! I think they're essential when living in London (I plan to do a post on 'London Essentials' so be sure to keep your eyes out for it). My purse is a leather juicy couture one that I've used for years! I don't normally like juicy couture because of the velour, however I love my leather purse and you'd never know it was juicy!

11)If you owned a bat, what would you call it?

I'd choose something beginning with a B. Like Barry the Bat!

My nominations are:
1. The Red Lipstick Blues
2. FashionistaDigital
3. Life is Sweet
4. So What's Fashion About? 
5. JhinkyGstyle 
6. Beauty And Whit 
7. Lazy Thoughts 
8. withlovealana 
9. Torbsclaire 
10. Sophie Louisa Dring 
11. Ems Beauty

My Questions to you:
1. Topshop or Urban Outfitters?
2. What would your dream beauty purchase be, if money were no object?
3. Favourite designer brand?
4. Favourite make-up product?
5. Why did you decide to start a blog?
6. Where do you see yourself in 5 years time?
7. Are you a splurgier or a saver?
8. Any holidays planned this year?
9. How old are you?
10. Name 5 wardrobe staples
11. Did you find any 'wow factor' purchases in the January sales?

Until next time, xo

5 comments:

  1. Congratulations!

    www.highheelsandtutus.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats on the award! :) Lovely questions/answers!
    I hate it when people always get their way and the moment they don't they get annoyed!
    Ellie,xx
    Elephant stories and more

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi dear, you have lovely blog and great post, I hope we can follow each other, if you decided to follow me on BLOGLOVIN, please let me know so I can follow you back.xo

    www.love-joice.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations on the nomination! Lovely to get to know you a little better through this post (:

    <3 Carsla
    Founder & CEO of Connect-the-Cloths
    www.connect-the-cloths.com
    A stylist, foodie, & writer's blog in development.

    ReplyDelete